Recent Blog Entries:
- Content from the Garfield Alive Welcome Center
ParkNote In 1907 the statue of Major General Henry W. Lawton (sculpted by Andrew O’Conner) was dedicated to the city of Indianapolis and was first erected by an act of Congress in what was known, at that time, as The Courthouse Square. The statue itself was completed in 1906 and in the same year won a prize for heroic statuary at the Paris Salon competition. A first for an American entry.